For the past years, my main career as been as a Art director. When I needed to find an illustrator, I always search art reps websites It's ideal for me because I can find many quality illustrators with various styles in one place. Now that I want to become a full time illustrator, I find that promoting myself is the hardest part. A illustrators agency with a rep feels like the perfect solution. But why wait for a rep to come and save me? why not start our own illustrator agency, a sort of collective that aims to promote and help each other in our guest to the perfect illustrator career ? Let's be our own reps!
There will be many pros to this association
- As a group, we can have one website that promotes all our different styles. It will attract more clients looking for illustrators.
- The group would be easier to promote. We could do group mailers and share all our mailing list. Cheaper prices for printing and bigger mailing list
- We could help each other with all the legal stuff and create contracts that fit our needs
- We could do advertising on website together, one agency to push but many illustrators to sell.
- We could help and give each other advices and critiques
What do you think? Interested?
I love this idea and I really want to realize it with an amazing group of illustrators
If you want to join this collective, contact me.
We are currently searching for great illustrators that feel the same way.