Saturday, February 7, 2009

DIY exposure unit


So in my post DIY screen printing, I had mentionned that i was going to built my own version of the weekly print's exposure unit. But since I not very good with building things, I took a ikea table leg ( vika artur) and screwed two 500 w lamps on it. The ikea table leg was on special at $10 I think and the lamps cost around $15 each ( found them at the rona for all you quebecers out there, a hardware store). The length between my screen and the lamps is 24 inch. So it fit pretty much the design of the weekly print. I have placed my coated screen on the tray, under it there's a foam cover with black paper, over it there is the transparency and a cheap frame glass ( $20 at canadian tire, this was more expensive but i wanted the frame for something else) For now, I only did a time test. And with a white mesh small screen cover with speedball emulsion, it takes 5 min to burn my screen. So I pretty happy about my end result. Hope it helps !


2 comments:

BT Livermore said...

Great adaptation on the exposure unit design! Well done and happy printing!

Karö Design said...

thanks a lot !
and thanks for your help

 
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping